- Turn off the system and any attached peripherals.
- Disconnect the system and any attached peripherals from AC power.
- Disconnect any peripherals from the unit.
- Disconnect any telephone or telecommunications lines from the system.
- Use a wrist grounding strap and mat when working inside any computer system to avoid electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage.
- After removing any system component, carefully place the removed component on an anti-static mat.
- Wear shoes with non-conductive rubber soles to help reduce the chance of being shocked or seriously injured in an electrical accident.