Customer Self Replaceable Parts
Some component parts are specifically designed for easy Customer removal and replacement; such parts are designated as Customer Self Replaceable (CSR). If during the diagnosis, the Dell Technician determines that the repair can be accomplished with a CSR designated part, Dell will ship the CSR designated part directly to the Customer. Dell's Customer Self Replaceable Parts program enables Dell business customers to replace parts at their own convenience.
Dell’s Customer Self Replaceable Parts policies will apply to the following products, when sold with Basic Hardware Service to business customers: Dell Latitude, OptiPlex, Precision, Vostro, PowerEdgeTM
, PowerEdge SCTM
, Dell EqualLogicTM
and Dell/EMC Storage products. To view your Service Description please go to www.Dell.com/ServiceContracts.
Customer Self Replaceable (CSR) parts fall into one of the following categories:
- Optional CSR (OCSR) parts -Customers may choose to install Optional CSR parts themselves or they may request technical installation assistance.
- Mandatory CSR (MCSR) parts - Customers are responsible for the replacement of all MCSR parts themselves. Dell does not provide installation labor for them. If the Customer requests that Dell replace these parts, the Customer will be charged a fee for this service.
- Varies by Product - In some instances, whether a part is OCSR or MCSR may vary by Dell product. For example, laptop keyboards may be designated MCSR on some Dell notebook models but may be designated OCSR on other notebook models. The Dell Technician will clarify whether the part required for a Customer’s issue resolution is OSCR or MCSR during the issue resolution process.
The table below provides general guidance as to whether specific part types are OCSR, MCSR or may vary by product:
Likelihood that a Replacement Part Requires Onsite Labor *
|Key ||Mandatory Customer Self Replacement||Optional Customer Self Replacement||Varies by Product||Not Applicable|
|Latitude Portable||Optiplex Desktop||Server Standard||Precision Desktop||Precision Portable||Vostro Desktop||Vostro Portable|
|Bottom Case Plastics, Palmrests|
|Cables and Cords|
|Docks, Displays, Plug & Play Devices|
|Hard Drives, Optical & Other Drives|
|LCD Plastics, Covers, Bezels|
|LCD/Display Assembly Service Kit|
|Network, Video, Wireless Cards|
|Power Boards, Cards, Risers|
|Power Supplies, Adapters|
|Screws & Plastic Attachments|
* The above values are intended as general guidelines only, and may sometimes vary according to system type.
* ProSupport customers may request onsite installation labor for any warranty parts supplied by Dell.